In India, thousands of mobile phones are lost or stolen every day and very few people know about the mechanism to track and block the lost or stolen mobile phone using IMEI number. Due to this lack of knowledge, people generally ignore this type of incidents and make up their mind to forget and purchase the new mobile phone for himself/herself. But if you are using high price smartphone then the issue will become really serious and you can’t afford to ignore the incident. Isn’t? This article will guide you about the steps to be taken to block and track your stolen mobile phone using IMEI number in India.
Every mobile phone has its unique IMEI number. IMEI number stands for International mobile Equipment Identification which is used in case of tracking lost the mobile phone. IMEI number is also independent of SIM card because it is the unique number of a particular handset, therefore, you can easily track your stolen mobile phone if the SIM card has been replaced.
You can easily find IMEI number of your phone. Dial *#06#, IMEI of your mobile phone displayed in front of you. Note down this IMEI number for future reference purpose.
Steps to Block your Mobile Phone using IMEI Number in India
- Firstly, visit your nearest police station to lodge the complaint (FIR) about your lost /stolen the mobile phone.
- After this, you need to contact customer care team of your service provider to block the SIM using the IMEI number. For block the phone, you need to provide all requisite documents evidence like Copy of FIR, ID proof etc.
- Once the required documents have been provided, the service provider will block the mobile using the IMEI number.
- If the thief or any person who found your lost mobile phone has changed the SIM card in your phone, the location can be easily tracked using this IMEI number.
- The concerned authorities will take necessary action against the accused and your mobile phone will be recovered.
Steps to Track your Mobile Phone using IMEI Number in India
Step1: Initially, you have to registered the complaint of your missing mobile phone at nearby Police Station which includes filing a FIR. Keep in mind to mention the IMEI number so that cops can trace your mobile phone.
Step 2: After this, submit the Xerox copy of FIR, IMEI number along with other necessary requisite documents to your service provider.
Step 3: Now you have to request your service provider to block your SIM to prevent its misuse. You can also get the new SIM of the same number from your respective service provider.
Step 4: Now when the thief inserts any SIM in your stolen mobile phone, it will be traced easily.
Step 5: Once your stolen / lost mobile has been traced, the concerned police official or service provider will contact you.
If you are using Android phone then locating of your missing mobile phone is easy. You can sign into Google account which is incorporated of Android version of Operating System. Google account will provide you a platform to connect and manage your all the devices at one place.