Aadhaar Card is considered as the biggest valid Identity proof for the residence of India. There have been many complaints about wrong information printed on the Aadhaar Card, so the government of India has decided to allow the citizen of India that are holders of Aadhaar card can make changes to their card. Information printed such as name, gender, date of birth, residence address and your contact/phone number can be changed if they are wrongly printed. Below are the steps by which the citizen can change the Aadhaar card details online easily:
- Open the Self Service Update Portal by visiting https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home. And click on the option “To Submit your Update/Correction request Online.
- Now you need to login to your account by entering 12 digits AADHAAR Card number and registered mobile number. Enter the displayed verification text code and click on send OTP option.
- You will receive an OTP, that is valid for only 15 minutes on the registered mobile number and enter the OTP.
- The next screen asks you to tick mark the options to change Name, Gender, Address, Date of Birth and Mobile Number in the AADHAAR Card and click Submit button.
- Make the changes in English as well as your local language and click on the Submit Update Request button.
- On the next screen, you have to enter the Changes in English as well your local language. Now you have to click on “Submit Update Request” option on the screen.
- Now you have to verify the changes and click on confirm the changes. If there is any mistake in the changes made then click on “Modify” button to go back to make the required changes.
- The next screen will ask you to upload self-attested documents copies in support of the AADHAAR Card change made. For the documents that are accepted for AADHAAR Card Change, visit Aadhaar Card Self Service Update Portal.
- After you have uploaded the required documents, you have to click on “Submit” button to submit the change request. At last the system will generate a URN (Update Request Number) that you have to note for future reference use that will help you to track your change request.
The submitted changes for you AADHAAR Card will be verified by UIDAI and after it only, the changes would be entertained. The status of your AADHAAR Card change request will be intimated by SMS on your registered mobile number.