State Bank of India is one of the largest public sector bank in India and with recent Merger with 5 more bank, its asset size grew further. A majority of people in India holds their saving account with State Bank of India. Out of these people there are several people who do not hold a valid PAN. Sooner or later there is a need of updating the PAN in account and at that point of time people face a lot of confusion. To ease off this confusion, we have listed the process of updating the PAN.
There are two ways of doing this and both are listed below.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Online Medium â
Updating PAN online is the easiest way to do it and it also saves time and trouble of visiting the branch. The steps to be followed are â
1. Navigate to SBI Bankâs website and navigate to the login page for the internet banking.
2. Once you are redirected to the login page, enter your login credentials and login to the internet banking.
3. On the top of the Account Summary page you will see an option âTransaction Accountâ, click on âView Nomination and PAN numberâ under the option.
4. After clicking on Vie Nomination And PAN Number, you will be redirected to a new page, Click on âRegister PANâ and then click on
5. Select the account number for which you are willing to register the PAN and you will be asked to enter your login credentials once again.
6. Enter your PAN Card Number after entering your login credentials and then click on Submit Button.
7. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and you need to enter the OTP and click on submit button once again to authenticate the OTP.
8. A request number will be generated and the PAN Card will be updated in 2 – 7 working days subjected to verification. You will also receive a confirmation message when the changes are made.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Offline Medium â
If you do not have internet banking enabled or if you are not very tech savvy, you can always walk into the branch and place a request to update the PAN. The steps to be followed are –
1. Visit the SBI home Branch (The branch where you have you account) and do carry your original PAN Card.
2. Ask for a Request Form for Updating the PAN Number.
3. Fill in the required details and sign the form wherever required. You might also require to attach a photocopy of you PAN Card.
4. Submit the form to the concerned person and do not forget to collect the receiving which also has the request number.
5. The PAN number will be updated in about 2 to 7 working days and a confirmation message will be send to you.
6. In case you need to track the status of the application, you can do so by calling the phone banking and sharing the request number.
The number for the phone banking can be located from the following link â SBI Phone Banking