Shivaji Rao Gaekwad aka Rajinikanth, is the highest paid Indian actor in the industry. After all these years, Rajinikanth still manages to woo women on screen and play the main lead like no other actor. Born in 12th December, 1949, Rajinikanth is still going strong as far as his career goes and each time his films release, the theaters go house full for days. Rajinikanth will soon be seen is the movie Kabali. The movie is a gangster based drama movie which has been written and directed by Pa (Panduranga) Ranjith.
- Rajnikanth is famous for his popularity and appeal among the fans. He gained this popularity due to his mannerisms in his movies and his amazing dialogue delivery.
- Although Rajnikanth has many awards during his career, his biggest award was the Padma Bhushan granted to him in 2000. This award was given for his outstanding contribution to the world of cinema in India. The Padma Bhushan is the third highest civilian honor awarded by the Government of India.
- Rajnikanth is known as a man of many talents. Apart from acting, he has also played a part as a producer, screenplay writer and even a playback singer.
- Rajnikanth is a spiritualist and a philanthropist. He also greatly influences the political scenario in South India.
- Rajnikanth made his debut in the movie Apoorva Raagangal that was released in 1975. This movie was directed by the great K. Bala Chander. Rajnikanth considers him as a mentor.
- Although Rajnikanth began his career as an antagonistic character, he graduated to playing only lead roles. Movie makers recognized his potential to draw crowds to the cinema halls and wanted to capitalize on this.
- Rajnikanth did not gain fame after his first few movies. He rose to fame after the movie Bairavi that was released in 1978. After this movie, Rajnikanth was called the Superstar of Tamil cinema.
- Not many know this but Rajnikanth is well known in Hollywood too. Apart from acting in movies in various Indian languages, Rajnikanth has also acted in the Hollywood blockbuster, Bloodstone.
- Rajnikanth’s mother passed away when he was just five years old. His family went through a rough financial crisis after that. Rajnikanth took up various odd jobs to provide for his family. Some of his jobs included working as a coolie and even as a bus conductor.
Net Worth of Rajinikanth
Rajinikanth is one of the highest paid Indian film actors whose estimated net worth is $50 Million. Rajinikanth earned most of his money acting in movies; he was reported to have charged a sum of $2,900,000 for the movie Chandramukhi way back in 2005. He charged a whopping Rs. 50 crores for Kabali which is his latest movie.
- Name Shivaji Gaekwad
- Screen Name Rajnikanth
- Date of Birth 12 Dec 1949
- Mother Tongue Marathi
- Birth Place Bangalore
- Height 5 feet 9 inches
- Father Ramoji Rao
- Mother Rambhai
- Sister Shrimathi Aswathamma
- Brothers Sathya Narayana Rao & Nageshwara Rao
- Wife Latha
- Daughters Aishwarya & Sowandarya
- Son-in-law Dhanush
- Tamil: Aboorva Ragangal
- Hindi: Andhaa Kanoon
- Telugu: Anthuleni Katah
- English: Blood stone
- Kannada: Katha Sangama
- Malayalam: Alavudheenum Arputha Vilakkum
- Bengali: BhagyaDevta