Monali is one of the most popular Indian playback singers these days. Apart from her stunning performances in Bollywood, she is also a famous Bengali singer. Monali is no stranger to music, her father; Shakti Thakur is a popular Bengali singer and encouraged Monali to focus on singing from a young age. She realized her passion for singing at a young age and knew that this is what she wanted to do in life. She devoted a lot of time in training in order to ensure she manages to become a flawless singer. It looks like her efforts paid off when she recently won an award for best playback singer for the song “Moh Moh ke Dhaage” from Dum Laga Ke Haisha.
Monali was born on the 3r of November 1985 in Kolkata. She stayed there till she finished her education post which she moved her base to Mumbai. Apart from singing, Monali is also a popular television actress. She was seen in a popular Bengali serial as a child. She also played a cameo in the movie PK.
This young star first came to light when she participated in Indian Idol 2. Although she didn’t win the reality show, this is what helped to carve her way into Bollywood playback singing. Monali sang a number of songs in Bollywood after Indian Idol 2. She was a judge on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs and will now be seen as a coach for The Voice India Kids Show.
Not Available. If you have any information about this plz share in comment box.
Some of Monali’s Best Songs Include
- Anjaana Anjaani – Anjaana Anajjani Ki Kahani
- Badmaash Company – Jingle Jingle
- Prince – Ishq Mein
- Billu – Khudaya Khair
- Title Song – Golmaal 3
- Race – Khwab Dekhe and Zara Zara Touch Me
- Jaan-e-mann- Kubool Kar Le
- Krrish 3 – Raghupati Raghav
- Lootera – Sawaar Loon
- Ramaiya Vastavaiya – Hip Hop Pammi
- Gunday – Tune Maari Entriyaan (Bangla Version)
- Yaariyan – Love Me Thoda
- Sweety – Bobby Jasoos
- Moh Moh ke Dhaage – Dum Laga Ke Haisha
- Dhol Baaje
- Born: Monali Thakur
- Date of Birth: 3 November 1985 (age 30)
- Birthplace: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Occupation(s): Singer, actress
- Genres: Filmi, Hindustani classical
- Height: 5’3″(approx)
- Education: BA from St. Xavier’s College at Kolkata
- Parents : Shakti Thakur
- Classical Music Teacher: (Guruji) Pandit Jagdish Prasad
- Sister: Mehuli Thakur
- Movies and TV shows: Lakshmi, PK, Indian Idol, Love in Nepal
- Awards: Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer