Zee TV reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa has been one of the biggest singing talent hunt for the past two decades. The show has given us some amazing singers like Kunal Ganjawala, Shreya Ghoshal, Bela Shende, Kamal Khan, and Sanjivani. This show gives hopes to millions of singers who have aspirations of making it big and for their talent to reach out to the world.
The show is hosted by singing sensation Aditya Narayan, son of the legendary singer Udit Narayan. After successfully hosting Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs, Aditya Narayan is back as a host for this season of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
The show is judged by four legends of the Indian music industry – Pritam, Sajid & Wajid, and Mika Singh.
This season has seen some amazing singers. After the mega audition, there are twelve contestants left to compete in the final stages of the competition. Keeping in mind the competition in recent years, the competition is sure to finish with a bang and give India its latest singing sensation.
Winner of Last Season
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa has been returning to the Indian screens after four years. The winner of the last competition held in 2012 was Jasraj Jayant Joshi. He has since gone on to become a big name in playback singing in the Marathi film industry.
Check out the “Zee TV Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Winners List of All Seasons“
The final twelve contestants are as below:
- Abhigyan Das – This talented 19-year-old hails from Assam. He dreams of becoming a singer and a composer.
- Ashmita Kar – Ashmita is a 17-year-old talented singer from Kolkata. She dreams of becoming a professional singer.
- Harjot Kaur – This 18-year-old singer has captivated the hearts of all the mentors and many Indians. Her powerful voice has drawn comparisons to Sunidhi Chauhan. Harjot is excellent in dance as well.
- Hashmat – Hashmat aspires to learn Qawwali from the legendary Ustad Shouqat Ali. She has given goose bumps to the audience with her captivating voice.
- Jagpreet Bajwa – This talented 21-year-old Canadian is a vision impaired since the age of six months. He is a motivational speaker and excels in Indian Classical and Western music. Jagpreet has performed over 500 shows till date.
- Jyotica Tangree – She’s been a singer since a young age and is trained in classical as well as fast music. This confident young woman is all set to impress and fulfill her dream to become a singer.
- Kushal Paul – Considered one of the toughest competitors on the show, Kushal who hails from Kolkata has a great voice and a supporting mother who is always encouraging him to sing.
- Rupali Jagga – She is a powerhouse of talent who hails from Chandigarh. Bubbly and vibrant, Rupali claims that nothing brings her more joy than singing.
- Zuber Hashmi – A trained singer by profession, Zuber is well versed with Classical, Thumri, Bollywood, Folk, Dadra and Ghazal. He’s a huge fan of some of legends in the singing industry and is all out to impress the judges.
- Sachin Kumar Valmikan – Sachin is a music teacher and hails from Uttar Pradesh. He’s seen tough times and wants to make it big with his talent. He aims at winning the show.
- Sultana – She can sing various genres of music and is adamant on learning rock. Her voice can make your hair stand.
- Tanveer Hussain – Born to a Qawwaal family, he was exposed to music from a young age. He might not be fluent with English, but his voice is something that the judges can’t get enough of.
Who is the winner of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016
So the winner is announced and he is non other than 17 years old Kushal Paul. Sachin Kumar Valmikan from Lakhimpur Kheri and Jugpreet Bajwa from Vancouver, Canada were the first and the second runners up respectively.