Sasikala Natarajan, a close confidante of Amma Jayalalithaa, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu is a politician herself. She has been serving as one of the most in-power persons in the Tamil Nadu political stream for years. We’d be having a look at her career and timeline in our latest entry for today.
Read along as we present the tidbits around the life of Sasikala Natarajan in our ‘Sasikala Natarajan Wiki, Bio, Age, Husband, Assets and more’.
Sasikala Natarajan was born on 29th of January in 1956. Her birth place is Mannargudi which lies in Tamil Nadu. She was born into a Kallar family. She attended her schooling nearby her birthplace before dropping out later on.
She married R. Natarajan, who was a Public Relation Officer in Tamil Nadu at the time, albeit on a temporary basis.
Sasikala Natarajan met Jayalalithaa after her husband R. Natarajan requested the District Collector of South Arcot to introduce his wife to her. Jayalalithaa at the time was acting as the propaganda secretary of Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.
Sasikala soon became close acquaintances with Jayalalithaa after shooting for all the marriages and functions of Jayalalithaa herself. She even partook in the rise of Jayalalithaa on the scene of Tamil Nadu power and saw herself as one of the most influential people around.
She served a sentence with Jayalalithaa when they were acquitted in the TANSI Land Acquisition Case back in the day. The case, however, was relieved later on by the Madras High Court.
She was expelled from the party along with her relatives on December 19, 2011, only to be admitted back again on March 31,2012. Jayalalithaa took stern approach when expelling her alongside Sasikala’s relatives. However, Sasikala later on severed ties with her relatives and was brought back into the party frame.
- Husband- R. Natarajan
- Sasikala has remained a powerful figure behind the scenes in all of three tenures of Jayalalithaa as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- She was acquitted along with Jayalalithaa in the Colour TV Scam in 1996 only to be relieved by the Supreme Court later on.
- She was also cast a sentence for 4 years in connection with Disproportionate Asset Case in 2014 along with Jayalalithaa. The case was relieved by High Court but is now pending in the Supreme Court.
- Name: Sasikala Natarajan
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: Indian
- Date of Birth: 29th January 1956
- Place of Birth: Mannargudi, Tamil Nadu
- Age (As of Current): 60 years
- Religion: Hinduism
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband: R. Natarajan
- Political Part: AIADMK