So next up in our list of cities is Mumbai, the dream city of India. We’ve been tracking the best hospitals in the cities across India in our blog lately and we’ve reached the city of Mumbai on our trip. So off we went in for the list of ‘Top 10 Best Hospitals in Mumbai’.
Mumbai’s home to multiple states of the art hospitals that offer the best in class facilities for the patients. It’s no surprise that many patients refer to the hospitals across Mumbai for the services related to the diagnosis and treatment.
So we’ve unearthed the list of best in the city along with their address and contact information. Shall we go ahead with the list, then?
10) Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital
Also known as the Sion Hospital, this one is one of the famed municipal hospitals in Mumbai. It was founded way back in 1947. The start of the journey for the hospital was with 10 beds which have fully grown into 1400 bed super specialty hospital these days.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Sion West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400022
- Phone: 022 2406 3000
- Web- http://www.ltmgh.com/frontview/index.aspx
9) Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital
A hospital that’s renowned for being a pioneer in super specialty treatments, this one has been serving patients for 65 years. It has an approximate of 350 beds, 10 operation theaters and more.
- Swami Vivekananda Rd, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
- Phone: 022 2626 7500
- Web- http://www.nanavatihospital.org/
8) Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Center
One of the most advanced tertiary care units in the nation, this one is initiated by Reliance Group’s Anil Ambani. It has pioneering healthcare hub with an emphasis on excellent diagnostic and clinical facilities. It has the 750-bed facility and features 180 ICU beds among it. It has 350 full-time specialists and 1100 nurses supporting throughout.
- Rao Saheb Achutrao, Patwardhan Marg, Four Bungalows, Andheri (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
- Phone: 022 3066 6666
- Web- http://www.kokilabenhospital.com/
7) King Edward Memorial Hospital
This one was established in the year 1926 and has been acting as the foremost medical center and teaching institution at the helm of India. It has super specialty medical courses and offers medical services via its hospital. It has 1800 bed facility.
- Acharya Donde Marg, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012
- Phone: 022 2410 7000
- Web- http://www.kem.edu/
6) Sir J.J Group of Hospital
It’s also known as the Grant Government Medical College and was founded back in 1845. The hospital is one of the supreme and best-ranked hospitals for medical services in the whole of the nation. It’s one of the oldest medical teaching institutions in the Asia. The hospital sports 1352 bed facility for the patients.
- J J Marg, Nagpada-Mumbai Central, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400008
- Phone: 022 2373 5555
- Web- http://www.gmcjjh.org/
5) P.D Hinduja Hospital
A widely acclaimed super specialty hospital, this one ranks as one of the top-tiered medical institutions in the nation. It was founded in the 1950’s and is a pretty advanced medical unit with ultra-modern tertiary care units offering services. It has 342 beds with 53 reserved as the critical ICU unit beds.
- Swatantrya Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
- Phone: 022 2444 9199
- Web- http://www.hindujahospital.com/
4) Jaslok Hospital
Named in the same breath as of the premier medical institutions in the nation, this one was founded in the early 1970’s. It was founded by Lokoomal Chanrai and Jasoti. The hospital packs state of the art equipment’s and has offers best in class services.it has 364 beds with 75 reserved as the ICU beds for critical and emergency cases.
- 15, Dr. Deshmukh Marg, Pedder Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026
- Phone: 022 6657 3333
- Web- http://www.jaslokhospital.net/
3) Breach Candy Hospital
A hospital that’s been in existence since 1950, this one is one of the top tiered for the hospitals located in Mumbai. It has designed by English architect Claude Batley. The hospital packs 212 bed capacity with the full-fledged facility.
- 60 A Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026
- Phone: 022 2366 7788
- Web- http://www.breachcandyhospital.org/
2) Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Center
Known throughout the nation as the Bombay Hospital, it’s one of the renowned medical institutions in the nation. It was founded back in 1950’s and features 830-bed facility. It has 110 critical ICU units bed. The hospital has 3200 staff members at the helm of service anytime.
- 12, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
- Phone: 022 2206 7676
- Web- http://www.bombayhospital.com/
1) Lilavati Hospital and Research Center
It was established in 1978 by Lilavati Kirtilal Mehta Medical Trust and has been widely known throughout the nation as Lilavati Hospital. It has been awarded worthy accolades and credits throughout its working time. It has 323 beds with 12 advanced operation theaters. It treats more than 300 in-patients and 1500 out-patients daily. It has more than 300 consultants and 1800 medical personnel.
- A – 791, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
- Phone: 022 2675 1000
- Web- http://www.lilavatihospital.com/
Any queries on these? Share with us down below in the comment box and let us know.