In a grand scheme of the economy as of India, the growth opportunity for a company stands no ceiling. With the pseudonym of one of the largest economies of India, it’s bound to have a breath of many top companies plying their trade.
In a myriad of such diverse economy, India remains one of the best bets for a company with the itch for prolonged success. The Indian economy features multiple genres in the ilk of information technology, pharmaceutical, oil, beverage and more.
We shed light into these giants of the economy and list out the top 10 companies of India bordering on the parameters of market valuation and capitalization. Here’s a little synopsis for you, market capitalization is said to be the value of shares of a company at a particular time. So shall we proceed then?
Off we go to the top 10 companies in India by Market Valuation, Capitalization.
10) Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) remains atop as the top tiered one in the consumer goods segment.
- The company some of the essentials of human daily chores in the ilk of Lux, Dove, Lifebuoy, Pepsodent, Pears, Surf Excel and more.
- Available through more than 60 lakh distributors, this retains one of the best networks in all over India.
Market capitalization- Rs 1,80,196 crore
9) State Bank of India (SBI)
- The Indian finance leader in terms of banking services, they feature at ninth in our entry.
- SBI remains one of the premier financial institutions in India having inaugurated in 1921.
- The company is a government-owned and backed one.
Market capitalization- Rs 1,83,054 crore
8) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- You never leave out ONGC when the talk takes turn to companies with high market valuation, capitalization.
- The company is a public sector undertaking (PSU) and is headquartered in Dehradun.
- The company has received numerous accolades like Golden Peacock Award, Best Enterprise Award and more.
Market capitalization- Rs 1,91,044 crores
7) Sun Pharma
- Sun Pharma is the leading pharmaceutical company in
- The company was founded in 1983 by Dilip Shanghvi who went leaps and bounds in the development of Sun Pharma as one of the top companies of India.
- Dilip Shanghvi even emerged as the richest man in India beating Mukesh Ambani in the past year, a feat that was unachieved for years.
- The company has a diverse portfolio of manufacturing medicines related to all fields.
Market capitalization- Rs 1,91,089 crore
6) Coal India Limited (CIL)
- A Maharatna company established back in 1975, this one remains a leading coal producer in India and world.
- The company produces the highest quantity of coal in India.
- The company is stationed at Kolkata and is implied as one of the top companies of India.
Market capitalization- Rs 2,02,755 crore
5) ITC Limited
- A company plying its trade in a diverse niche, this one was incorporated back in 1910.
- The company remains a modern day leader in India when it comes to best companies of India.
- The interest of ITC Limited lies in consumer goods, information technology, hotel, agribusiness and more.
Market capitalization- Rs 2,54,883 crore
4) Infosys Limited
- One of the indisputable top companies of India and abroad, this one is a leading information technology company.
- The company was established back in 1981 as the brainchild of N.R. Narayana Murthy went on to rack up numbers in business applications, enterprise mobility and more.
- The company remains only the second to Microsoft in terms of software gaunt.
- R. Narayana Murthy stepped off from the chairman position to hand over the company to the upcoming youth generation.
Market capitalization- Rs 2,60,932 crore
3) HDFC Bank
- A premier financial institution in India, they are based as third in our list of best companies in India by market valuation, capitalization.
- The company having been incorporated back in 1994 in Mumbai features more than 4000 branches and a coastline of 11,700 ATM’s.
- The bank remains the top-ranked private financial institutions of India.
- The company generated more than Rs 31000 crore in revenue.
Market capitalization- Rs 2,64,881 for HDFC Bank.
2) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- The Indian conglomerate group Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is stationed at second in our entry.
- The company has a wide interest in telecommunication, retail, and petrochemicals
- The company is even featured on the Fortune 500 Company List, quite a feat.
- With a workforce of more than 25000 employees, they are one of the leading job providers in the nation.
Market capitalization- Rs 3,43, 263 crore
1)Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Tata Consultancy services, a part of highest ranked conglomerate in India remains as the top most company in our list of top companies by market valuation, capitalization.
- The company is a leading tech-giant of India and offers services in the ilk of IT services, consultancy services, supply chain services, enterprise solutions and more.
- With services in more than 40 nations through an employee chain of 30000 employees, they easily surpass the other companies.
Market capitalization- Rs 4,49,927 crore
So off we reach to the end of the listicle. Glancing through these we were privileged to boast of such big named plying their trade in India. We guess the booming economy of India will provide even more of an opportunity in the upcoming days.
We bid adieu for today with a promise to be back again.