We’ve been putting up these best hospitals in the city kind of stuff in our blogs lately. Well, this is another new entry into our collectibles. Surging through the terrains of India, we’ve reached Chennai as the next destination on our list. and we’ve prepared a list of ‘Top 9 Best Hospitals in Chennai’ down here.
Chennai is a hub of the nation with major hospitals offering their services to the patients and seekers. It has been a top drawer destination for people wanting the best of facilities related to medical services. We’ve looked at the key aspects of the city and have marked the best hospitals in the city. We’ve included the addresses and contact info’s on the list too.
9) Vijaya Hospital
This hospital came into existence in the year 1987 to meet the growing need for medical treatments and diagnosis. It has been serving both the domestic and international patients over the years. The hospital has a 340-bed facility with state of the art treatment module. It offers affordable and quality based medical services to patients.
- 323 and 434, N.S.K. Salai, Vadapalani, Chennai – 600 026, Tamil Nadu.
- Phone: 04344-320888, 244282
- Web– http://www.vijayahospital.org/
8) Global Hospitals and Health City
One of the best hospitals in town, this one is certified with NABH and Halal. It has super specialty treatment center and offers top class medical facilities for the patients. The medical facilities offered by the hospital are ENT, critical care, breast oncology, dentistry, and much more.
- MG Road Area, Puducherry, 605001
- Phone: 0413 420 5017
- Web– http://www.globalhospitalsindia.com/chennai
7) MIOT Hospital
Madras Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology (MIOT), this one is a multi-specialty hospital famed for services related to trauma, joint replacement surgery, and orthopedics. It has been in existence since 1999.
- 4/112, Mount Poonamalle High Rd, Sathya Nagar, Manapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089
- Phone: 044 4200 2288
- Web– http://www.miotinternational.com/
6) Fortis Malar Hospital
Part of one of the premier medical institutions in the nation, this one was earlier known as Malar Hospital before taken over by the Fortis Group. It has been in operation since 1992 and addresses problems related to bone and joint care, brain and spine care, nephro and uro care and more.
- No.52, 1st Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020
- Phone: 044 4289 2222
- Web– http://www.fortismalar.com/
5) Chettinad Health Hospital
One of the leading hospitals of the city, this one is promoted by the Chettinad group. It has a 600-bed facility with more than 50 as well as general units. It is a renowned destination for medical facilities at home and abroad.
- Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kelambakkam, Kanchipuram Dist., Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103
- Phone: 044 4741 1000
- Web– http://www.chettinadhealthcity.com/
4) Government General Hospital
Known as the Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital, this one features state of the art facilities. It has the 3000-bed facility and is managed by the State Government of Tamil Nadu. This was founded way back by the British East India Company in and around the 17th century.
- General Hospital Rd, Park Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003
- Phone: 044 2530 5000
- Web– http://www.mmc.ac.in/mmc/
3) Billroth Hospital
Having been in existence since 1990, this one is one of the premier medical institutions in the nation. It has been certified by NABH and features top class infrastructure and well-maintained medical personals. The hospital has around 600 beds and offers 24 hr. ambulance support.
- 43, Lakshmi Talkies Road, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600030
- Phone: 044 2664 1777
- Web– http://www.billrothhospitals.com/
2) Sri Ramachandra Medical Center
It’s known as the quaternary care super specialty medical institution with existence dating back to 1985. The hospital is famed for providing effective healthcare facilities to the patients. It has more than an 800-bed facility with 200 intensive care units. The hospital is certified with NABL, JCI, NABH and AABB accolades.
- No.1, Ramachandra Nagar Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600116
- Phone: 044 4592 8500
- Web– http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/medical/
1) Apollo Hospital
A hospital chain group that has been famed for its medical services right throughout the nation, this one was established in 1983. The hospital has international branches as well at Kuwait, Bangladesh, and Qatar. It provides health services in accordance to the JCI, i.e. American-based Joint Commission International.
- No. 134, Mint Street, Opposite Ramar Temple, Sowcarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600079
- Phone: 044 2529 6081
- Web– http://chennai.apollohospitals.com/
Want to share your experience with these medical centers and hospitals? Send them in at the comment box and let us know.