One of the most challenging and noble exams in the country is going to be held in the country which is NDA (National Defense Academy) and NA (Indian Naval Academy) exam, the registration process and availability of the form of which will start from 18 January 2017. The form will be available only on the official site which is to be filled and downloaded and then it should be signed by the candidates. The from, then after should be scanned and uploaded to the relevant category of the official site of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year which is fixed this year on 23rdApril 2017 for NDA (I) and 10thSeptember 2017 for NDA (II). This is the article to guide the interested candidates about the detailed procedure and eligibility criteria for filling the form and appear in the exam.
Before any procedure for exams, it would be preferable to know if you are eligible or not. So, the eligibility and required standards are listed below:
- The candidate must be Indian Citizen or Subject of Nepal or Subject of Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1 January 1962 for permanent settlement.
- The candidate who is unmarried is entitled to apply.
- The educational qualification of the candidates should be 12th passed from any State Board or University with Physics and Mathematics for applying to Air Force and Naval Wings, whereas for Army Wings candidate should pass 12th or equivalent from any State Board or University. The candidates who are currently appearing in the exam can also apply.
- The candidates should be physically and medically fit as described in the guidelines of NDA and NA. Disqualified candidates from any academies due to disciplinary grounds are not entitled to apply.
- Age limit for NDA (I): Candidates born between and inclusive the date 2 July 1998 and 1 July 2001. And the age limit for NDA (II): Candidates born between and inclusive the date 2 January 1999 and 1 January 2002.
NDA NA Application Form and Fees:
- The application form for NDA 2017 is available online on the official site of UPSC which is to be filled and submitted online only after duly signing the form.
- For NDA (I), the application form will be available from 18 January 2017 and, for NDA (II), the application form will be available from 7 June 2017.
- It is suggested to fill up the form carefully because there is no option for correcting the form after final submission.
- No hard copy is required to be sent to the authority.
- Final date for the submission of the form is 10 February 2017 for NDA (I) and that for NDA (II) is 30 June 2017.
- General and OBC candidates are required to pay Rs.100 for application form whereas the SC/ST candidates, JCO and NCO wards are not required to pay any fees for application form and examination.
- Both online and cash payment are allowed by the authority. Online payment can be made through Visa Card or any other debit card, Credit card, and internet banking systems.
NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The syllabus is divided into two sections: Mathematics and General Ability Test. The topics like English, General knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Current Affairs, and General Science is the part of General Ability Test. Mathematics is atotal of 300 marks whereas General Ability Test is of 600 marks. The exam pattern is listed as follow:
- There will be two sections i.e. written and Intelligence & Personality Test.
- Objective type question will be asked.
- The question paper will be will be available both in English and Hindi Language.
- The candidates should choose one answer among four alternatives and the wrong answer will attract negative marking.
- The mode of the exam will be offline and candidates are allowed to use black bulb pen only.
Documents Required to be attached along with the form
- The details or scanned copy of payment.
- Personal, qualification and communication skills detail along with valid e-mail id and phone number.
- Scanned photograph and scanned signature in ‘.jpg format’ within 1kb to 40kb for signature and 3kb to 40kb for a photograph.
Following are the steps to apply and fill the forms:
Step 1: Fill the registration form from the official site downloading the form, verify the details and click on ‘I Agree’ and continue.
Step 2: Then make payment through your card or uploading the details and scanned copy of cash deposit.
Step 3: The upload the photo and signature in the said format and size.
Step 4: Then click on ‘Agreeing to Declaration’ and ‘I have read thedeclaration and agreed’ and take out the print.
The date of examination for the NDA (I) is 23 April 2017 and that of NDA (II) is 10 September 2017. Here the details regarding the NDA NA (I) and (II) exams are mentioned in details. For more details and form access you are advised to visit the official site of the UPSC.